Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Thunderbird Falls Trail



Chugach State Park is really a huge state park, and has many, many trails.  We walked one of them – Thunderbird Falls Trail – and what a lovely walk with beautiful sights to see, in addition to the waterfall itself!

 

 
Jeff actually spotted this cute little mushroom. There were quite a few of them throughout the trail, and this is one of a couple I’m sharing

 
I really love some of the sights in the forest and this is one of them – I really love the layered look of all the shades of green.  The different textures are very cool, too.  This just makes me feel so peaceful, tho, and that has to be the best thing I love about this.

 
There’s something about red and green occurring in nature that draws me to it every time!  The perfect round red berries and the green leaf seemingly waiting to catch them.

 
These delicate little flowers were blooming on the very edge of a high bluff over the river that the falls emptied into.  They are in such a precarious position – it seemed at odds with how delicate they are.  Ah, the dynamic of Nature!

 
Here’s the other mushroom image I’m sharing.  Again, the layers of green, different textures of the greenery, and then the smoothness of the mushrooms against the rough texture of the downed log would seem to create such busyness that the image should be, well, a mess.  However, I really feel a sense of calm and that things are exactly as they should be.

 
I love the lines of the fence along the edge of the trail leading up to Jeff walking down the trail.  How great that the shirt he wore this day added the perfect touch of color!

 
And, here were the Thunderbird Falls.  They are lovely falls, but I almost feel they are anti-climactic to everything else we saw on the trail!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment