Thursday, July 17, 2014

Finding Treasures in the Woods at Denali State Park

 
Of course, we explored around Denali State Park and I wasn’t disappointed in my ongoing quest for beautiful flowers and fauna.  Take a look…..

 
I believe this is a variation of a wild rose.  I was really lucky to be able to capture this bloom just as it was opening – gave me the opportunity to peek inside!

 
This is a flower called a Northern Yarrow, according to a book I have.  I couldn’t believe how lucky I was to capture this image!  I love the meandering look to these blooms – so peaceful and flowing. 

 
We don’t get much rain in New Mexico (altho I do understand we’re at least having somewhat of a true monsoon season back home), so finding raindrops on the leaves of bushes and trees is very uncommon.  The leaves may not be perfect, but the rain drops are!  Actually, I take that back about the leaves – they are perfectly imperfect!

 
Here’s another bloom about ready to burst.  I couldn’t find this in my reference book, so I’m content just to think of it as a mystery flower.  It’s so incredibly delicate and the simplicity of it sort of takes my breath away…

 
Oh, no!  The summer season is short up here in Alaska, and maybe this is the first sign of what’s to come to this area in another few months.  I’m not certain exactly when fall begins to arrive, but I’m sure we’ll be gone by then.  Still, it is a sign that our grand adventure won’t last forever….sigh……
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment