Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Vineyards of British Columbia, Canada



For the past few days, we've been in Canada's wine country, exploring (and tasting) the various wines the area has to offer, and we've been very pleasantly surprised!  These wines can give Napa and Sonoma a run for the money, and we managed to stock up our RV wine "cellar" for our travels ahead!  But, the area is just so beautiful, I had to share some of the views......
 
 
We could be anywhere, but we're near the little town of Oliver, British Columbia on a hillside overlooking some vineyards, orchards and the mountains (not sure which mountain range, tho).  In addition to great wine grapes, the cherries are simply yummy!
 
 
I just love the feeling that this image creates.  Various farms dotting the landscape of vineyards and cherry orchards.  We had a few rainy days, but today, the weather was perfect!  One thing we had to get used to, tho, was the sound of something exploding periodically (sounded sort of like gun fire).  They did this to keep the birds away from both the wine vines and the cherry trees!
 
 
This is the traditional view of a vineyard - at least, from my perspective!  I enhanced the image to be a pastel painting, and I do like it.  I think I need to sign this, tho!
 
Enjoy!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment