Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Back Road Scenery at Wells Gray Provincial Park




While at Wells Gray, we explored some of the back roads in the area.  This provincial park is really huge, altho one couldn’t really get around to all of it unless we would do some serious back country hiking. We did some good exploring, tho, in the Jeep.  Beautiful views – take a look…..


 
Just as we turned on the back road, we startled a black bear that was on the side of the road.  He started running/lumbering off, but then stopped to look back and check us out.  Take a look at his face – I think he might have been deciding whether or not to turn and stand his ground.  Thank goodness he decided not to take us on and continued on his way back into the woods.
 
The first time I saw the snow-capped mountain tops as we approached this area, I told Jeff that I felt like we were really getting into the “up north” area where we’ll be spending most of this trip.  I found it very exciting!  This was one of the first times we could see the snow-capped mountains on this little back road, and we also noticed another waterfall much higher up the mountain (not in this image).  We absolutely couldn’t get to that waterfall, so I wasn’t able to get any really good images of it (darn!).
 
I stood looking at the water rushing over these rocks for a minute or two before I took this image.  I thought of all those “river rocks” people have around their yards, making up retaining walls or even fireplace walls, and thought about this being the “factory” where they are naturally made!
 
As we walked along a trail, I looked up and it appeared that we were level with the clouds and mountain tops in the distance.  I know we really weren’t, but it was such a nice thought – to feel like we were so far away from civilization.

Here’s another view from the trail, this time with Jeff & Miki walking in front of me.  Again, such a lovely walk under the blue sky up here in the clouds!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment