Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Spahat Falls at Wells Gray Provincial Park




We spent a day just exploring Wells Gray Provincial Park, and this was the 3rd waterfall we saw – Spahat Falls.  The waterfalls here are just wonderful – and here’s the 3rd example of that!

 
Here’s the broadest view I could get of Spahat Falls.  Quite the drop and beautiful fall off of the water at the bottom.  So graceful looking!  However, there’s a hidden falls at Spahat…..

 
Here’s a closer in view of the “top” of Spahat Falls – at least the top that you can see.  However, as you see off to the left, there is another waterfall that pours the water into a small pool, of sorts, and then there’s the big drop off of the main portion of Spahat Falls.  Unfortunately, there’s no way to get around to get a shot of that first waterfall.  Still, this is such a pretty view…

 
There are a few things that I just love about this close up of the bottom of Spahat Falls.  First, the tree on the left is just so vibrant and sets off the waterfall beautifully.  It’s also a great balance for the moss growing on the wall of the canyon formed by Spahat Falls.  Second, I love the way the mist just curls up from the bottom of the falls.  I don’t know why I noticed the mist so much from the waterfalls here, but at each fall, the mist just captivated me.  And, thirdly, I really like the pattern of the water as it falls.  I’m glad I was able to capture this moment frozen in time.  I think it really shows the pattern beautifully!

Isn’t it cool how this tree trunk seems to be growing toward the camera?  It is actually growing in a curved manner and I managed to position myself so that it looks like it’s coming toward me. 
 
Finally, I had to stop and photograph this lovely pine branch.  I think it looks sort of like a fern.  I don’t know the name of the type of evergreen it is, tho.  Still, the green against the brown branches are very pretty.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment