Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Deserted Cabins



During our motorcycle drive, we also saw a number of deserted cabins that were just begging for their images to be captures!  Oh, in the interest of full disclosure, some of these buildings are homes, barns and I don’t know what according to standard definitions, but to me, they are all “cabins”!

I really loved the feeling of this image – sort of a home on the range feel to it.  The sky was really interesting on this day, and the trees in full foliage, and grasses just long enough!
 

Cool sky in the image above, too, altho what really captured me was this barn.  It’s not really deserted, but the little cabin next to it sure looked to be, and added just the right touch to the image.  I applied some HDR (High Dynamic Range) effects to this image to make the sky look more textured and make the cloud strands pop more (I know there’s a technical name for the clouds, but I’m an artist, not a meteorologist!)
 
I felt like the above image really had to be in black & white.  The deserted cabin, dead tree and old piece of farm equipment just seemed to speak of a time and place that had been forgotten. 

This image is all about lines for me.  I love the various contrail lines in the sky and had to highlight those in this image.  Also, I really like the fence line that can barely be seen leading away from this cabin.  The sky and fence lines seem to meet in the right corner of the image, which is just where the cabin seems to be “looking”.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment