Monday, June 23, 2014

Helmcken Falls at Wells Gray Provincial Park



I consider Wells Gray Provincial Park a gem in the heart of British Columbia.  Ok, so we’re not really physically in the middle of British Columbia, but this park is really pretty and is a gem.  It’s known for its waterfalls, and I can certainly see why.  And, now, you can, too –

 
Helmcken Falls is a striking waterfall.  Part of what I love about it is that it created this huge hollow behind it.  And, the mist that just keeps rising is incredible.  The green of the foliage surrounding it sets off the waterfall beautifully.

 
This is a close-up of the mist I was talking about.  I just love the way the mist drifted up from the churning water below.

 
Here’s the formal “portrait” of the Falls.  They truly looked like a painting, so that’s the effect that I used.  You can see all the greenery surrounding the falls, the bowl the falls created and both the huge top falls and the lower, much smaller, falls.

 
I feel it’s always important to look around you.  When I turned around, I loved the forest green.  And, the branches which fell and crossed each other seemed to indicate that “X” marked the spot!  It certainly marked the spot for a magical forest image!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment