Saturday, June 21, 2014

Around Bear Creek Provincial Park



We spent a couple of days at a lovely provincial park in British Columbia called Bear Creek Provincial Park.  Altho we were a bit disappointed at how crowded it was there, it was a beautiful place and I did manage to get some really nice (and interesting) images.  Take a look:

 
 
The above image is of Bear Creek.  As we walked along the little road around the campground, I stepped into a bit of the woods and saw my first view of the creek.  From this view, you’d think we were in the middle of nowhere, wouldn’t you?

 
I like this image of Bear Creek much better.  I was standing on a little bridge and slowed down my shutter speed as slow as I could.  I wanted to see if I could capture the feeling of the water moving, and I think I did, to an extent.  I can sort of feel the water moving away from me.  Not bad for using the bridge railing as a tripod!

 
This is not a view of Bear Creek.  However, Bear Creek flows into Okanagan Lake, an incredibly long lake.  As we drove along it for almost an hour, I thought it was a river, until I checked it on the map!  I just loved how clear the water was, so that I could see the pebble beach!
 
This image is the one that falls into the “interesting” category.  Jeff and I wandered down some little paths in back of our campsite and came across a couple of little beaches.  Off those beaches, we could see this little tugboat mightily struggling to haul a huge batch of logs – trees cut from logging that must go on in the area.  As we watched, it barely seemed like this little tug would move, but it just kept on keeping on!  Altho the image isn’t the best, I had to capture it and include it.  I was reminded of that story of the little train engine that keeps chugging away “I think I can, I think I can” – I can see the tug boat doing the same thing!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment