Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Views from Okanagan River



We explored the area around Oliver, British Columbia, over the past few days.  I just thought I'd share some images of some of the things that we've seen....
 
 
This first image is of the Okanagan River, at the provincial park of the same name.  This is really quite pretty and I loved the flow of the river.  It kind of reminded me of time, and how time flows regardless of whatever thoughts or other things we have going on in our lives.
 
 
I really like this photo because of the bee.  I was shooting the flowers when I noticed a bee landing on the flower, and captured that in another (not shown) image.  However, when I was reviewing all the images I shot, I realized I had also captured the bee's approach to the flower, and I really liked that!
 
 
I know this image is rather abstract, and it's really a pretty cool shot.  Jeff actually pointed it out to me (he has a great artistic eye for an engineer!).  This is the same Okanagan River as is in the first photo. However, it's now flowing thru some sort of man-made dam type of structure and the lines of the water as it approaches the smaller dam funnel were really cool.  I really focused in on that, and applied an HDR (High Dynamic Range) effect to really highlight the lines.  Pretty cool, I think.
 
 
Here's another cool image.  As we were driving along, Jeff mentioned the view from above (thru the moon roof of the Jeep) and this is what I saw - cool view of the sun!  I didn't even do any special effect for this image.  The wispy white is a cloud and the black in the sky.  I know, it should be blue, but thru the moon roof, it didn't look blue.  Anyway, I thought this was very cool and wanted to share it!
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment