Sunday, June 8, 2014

Valleyford Special Effects




This morning, while walking around taking images of some wildflowers here in Valleyford, WA (near Spokane), there were some images that just seemed prime for playing with them and some special effects.  Take a look –
This bloom is actually purple, but when I played with it, the colors turned out to be so crazy and neon like, I just loved it.  Such a happy, happy image! 
 
I loved the image of the Queen Anne’s Lace with the shed in the background.  I cut out most of the background and made it blurry.  I then applied a painterly effect that seemed to make the flowers look special……and I’ve always thought they were – maybe it’s about the name!
When I looked up from photographing the flowers, I noticed this scene of the countryside.  I just thought it would make a very cool painting.  Well, I don’t know how to paint, but I can apply a painting effect to my images!  There’s something so peaceful about this – I really like it.
This last image really evoked the farm type countryside around.  The tall grasses in the foreground were the focal point, with the barn in the background.  I decided to go with a crayon type effect because it just seemed to match the casual feel of the image.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment