Sunday, June 15, 2014

Bloomin' Cle Elum !


Of course, one of my favorite subjects for photos are flowers (in addition to deserted cabins!) - and here are some of what I think are the best from the area around Cle Elum!
 

 
The thing I love best about the above image is the shadow reflecting the simplicity of the bloom.  I really like it.
 
 
The images above and below are of the same bunch of flowers in the area around our campground.  The wind kept blowing on and off and I thought it would be appropriate to capture both to give you a more realistic impression of what it was truly like!  The above image is obviously when the wind was blowing & is finished as a painting (and I love that you can really get an idea of the motion of the flowers), and the image below was capture in the instant that the wind wasn't blowing (much), enhanced by using my HDR (high dynamic range) software.  I love both images!

 
 
As we drove to and from town a couple of times, I noticed this sort of meadow of wildflowers blooming in front of some pine trees.  One time, Jeff & I explored a bit after we got off the highway to see if we could find the little road that cut thru these 2 little meadows.....and we did!  Both images were enhanced with my HDR software, and they truly do reflect what my eyes saw.  The purple lupine and yellow and white daisies were just a treasure that doesn't come along every day!

 
 
Here's a closer image of the white daisies and purple lupine in the meadow I mentioned above.  This was finished as a pastel painting, and again, it's something I just love!  I don't feel like I'm being stuck up or complementing myself - it's nature that's amazing.  I'm just lucky enough to capture it!
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment