Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Springtime Greenery & Landscape

 
I was pleasantly surprised at the greenery up on the Colorado Plateau around Moab, UT.  FYI - it's called the Colorado Plateau because the Colorado River runs thru the plateau.  Take a look -


 
The prickle pear cactus were still in bloom (some of them) and I was lucky enough to find a good perspective to capture them and the buttes on the plateau!

 
There's something about the rust/terra cotta of the earth here and greenery that just reaches out and grabs me.

 
At first we passed this tree and I thought I missed my opportunity.  But, then, we ran into (believe it or not) some road construction, and I was able to back track and capture this.  I love the way the tree sort of reaches out to the landscape.  (Just to clarify - technically, we were in Canyonlands National Park, and they were doing the road construction.  We were delayed for an hour, but we were in no hurry, so we didn't care.)
 
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment