Monday, January 11, 2016

Winter in Stanley
Our last stop on this wintry morning, was at some deserted buildings in the small town of Stanley, New Mexico.  Unfortunately, the snow was deep enough and drifting enough that we really couldn’t stop and I certainly couldn’t get out and wander among the buildings.  So, Jeff just pulled into the center of the road on a sort of median space, and I quickly got out of the Jeep and shot these images before too many other vehicles came along that road.
Adobe Winter
I’ve shot this abandoned adobe before with snow clinging to its walls, but not with the snow swirling around it like it was this morning.  I really wished I could have walked closer to it, but oh, well!
Winter Storm
This cabin looks like it’s still in the midst of the storm!  It really does give you the feeling of what it felt like when the storm was really blowing a few days earlier!
Rough Winter
Here’s a new deserted cabin.  Well, it’s not really new – it’s just that I generally don’t photograph it because it’s kind of close to an inhabited building (that frankly doesn’t look all that much better!), and I don’t think that person likes anyone to photograph this building.  But, with all the snow blowing around, I don’t think he/she could see me!  And, I do like the angle of this shot.  Again, it creates a feeling of winter solitude and perhaps loneliness.
Days Gone By
This windmill is actually just a bit down the road from the other buildings.  I had to stop and photograph it on our return trip, tho, because I loved the feeling I got from this scene - of what winters may have been like many years ago.
Enjoy!  


No comments:

Post a Comment