Monday, January 11, 2016

Falling Down
My favorite falling down deserted cabin was along the road we drove down that morning, so, of course, I had to stop to capture a few images of it.  It’s got such character, it’s a great shoot even tho it’s mostly down.
Cold
Can’t you just feel the chill when you look at this image?  It’s a natural black and white image, with the white snow offset by the black road leading off to who knows where?  It also feels lonely which I think accentuates the coldness of the feel of it.
Deserted
This image really speaks to the desolation of the cabin.  It’s truly just left to the elements, and the elements are winning.  The lines of the fence and the road remind me of how times just keeps going on, no matter what obstacles or challenges we happen to be facing.
Frozen
Brrrrr!  That’s what I think of when I look at this image!  You can see the ice covering the fence, and then the frost that’s hanging on the tree branches.  The final lovely touch of cold are the icicles that are hanging off the edge of the roof of the cabin.  They are just so imperfectly perfect!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment