Saturday, January 2, 2016

December Sunrise
One morning in December, sky conditions were perfect for one of those incredible sunrises we get from time to time.  The weather folks went into great deal about the scientific reasons for this, but I just think of it as the magic of New Mexico!
Sunrise Clouds
What strikes me about this image is the way the clouds look as if the color is about ready to drip off them, as if they are oversaturated with color.
Purple and Pink Morning
A few minutes later the color of the sky changed to be this incredible purple and pink palette in the sky.  If I did paint this, people wouldn’t believe it was a realistic painting!
Winter Morning
I just wanted to prove that these colors were based in reality and weren’t some abstract of my imagination!  I was standing at one edge of our back patio so I could capture a bush barren for winter and our mountain, South Mountain, in the background, for that taste of reality!
Big Sky Morning
I can’t imagine skies any bigger than we get here, but Montana does lay claim to Big Sky Country.  Should we challenge them to a contest?  LOL!
Morning Abstract
I thought I’d end this post with again a sample of the wonderfully abstract of the sky on this wonderful December morning.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment