Saturday, January 2, 2016

January Morning
On the second day of January, I awoke to a sort of hushed sunrise.  It was very gentle, almost easing me into the day, as if it knew the news the day would bring.
Whisper of a Mountain
I looked out to the northwest for “my” mountain, South Mountain.  It was almost hidden by the fog.  And, the corral where Jazz and Patches sometimes are, was empty.  Still, there was a warm tint to the upper sky, promising sunshine.
Winter Morn
I looked further to the east and saw more of the sun’s warmth shining on the cold morning.  It snowed a week ago, and because the temperatures haven’t risen much, it’s still here.  Rather unusual, as is the feel of this morning.  Still, the scene is peaceful.
Frosty Branches
I’m looking thru the branches of a tall bush just off our back patio.  It’s as if there’s something for me to see, yet hidden from view.  I do love the look of the frost on the branches is nice.
January Morning
And, now the sun is warmer, starting to burn thru the fog so my mountain is now visible.  The rest of the day is soon to be clear, too, and the news I get later makes me appreciate this moment of this day all the more.
RIP Teri
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment