Monday, January 11, 2016

Winter Fields
One of the things that struck me on our photo op explorations was how wonderfully different the fields that we drove by looked…..
All Alone
I don’t know that I ever noticed this building before.  I don’t think it’s a deserted cabin or anything, but it sure does look like it’s all alone in the middle of nowhere, doesn’t it?
Along the Fence line
I love the look of the dead blooms encrusted in frosty whiteness.  The barbed wire fence held up by what seem to be old wooden posts add the perfect counter point to  the sort of lacy, delicate feel of the blooms.
Winter Shrubs
Here’s another view of some frosty shrubs along a fence line.  This image has more texture to it.  If you look very closely, way off in the background, you can see just a hint of the mountain range there.
Winter Perch
This raven was just sitting there, looking a bit like a sentinel, looking out over the snow covered fields.  He sat there for quite a while, so I was lucky enough to be able to capture him – and then, when I was finished shooting him, he gracefully took off.
Winter Field
This image really seems to reflect what it felt like to be outside on this wintry morning.  When the wind would come up, the snow would whirl around and make me feel like I was in a fog bank.  It also made the scene look very cold and lonely.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment