Saturday, January 2, 2016

 
Soaring Hawk
Sometimes nature is just right outside our window……or, in this case, just off our back patio!  I was so lucky to capture this true creature of nature, among the civilized, but still holding true to his wild self.
Hawk
At first, I wasn’t certain if this was a falcon or a hawk, but Jeff later determined it was a hawk – a large soaring hawk.  Here, he’s sitting on our neighbor’s fence, just sort of surveying the landscape around him.
Taking Off
Suddenly, he decided he was off to explore.  I couldn’t believe how lucky I was to be standing in the right spot with my camera already focused on him, so all I had to do was snap!  His wings look far too big for his body – and check out those talons!
Wingspan
I love this view of his wingspan.  He looks so graceful as he charts his course of flight.
Flying
And he’s off!  He’s heading off to where the hunting is better, perhaps.  In any event, his graceful soaring was certainly a sight to behold.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. We can't believe what awesome shots of that Hawk you captured! Incredible wing detail. You could even crop and put them in a trio frame to show progression or something. Excellent photos Nadine. As always, we enjoy your blog (even if it is a little too frosty for us this time of year).. Karen and Aaron

    ReplyDelete