Saturday, November 28, 2015

Tuscan Countryside
Our next port of call was Livorno, near Pisa, Italy.  We did not visit Pisa, altho we did see the Leaning Tower from our tour bus as we headed for the Tuscan countryside and visits to a charming village and a winery.  For this post, I’m focusing on the countryside and scenes outside the winery.
Tuscan View
I took this image as we road along in the tour bus.  I loved the look of what appeared to be an old farmhouse with the fabulous mountain range in the background.  I believe the name of the mountains is the Apennine Mountains.
Autumn in Tuscany
We were in Tuscany at the beginning to peak autumn color.  Aren’t these trees vivid?  We missed autumn colors at home, and it was great to see some color on our journey!
Small Tuscan Village
While we were wandering around the village you’ll see in the next post, I came upon a view of another part of the village just down the hill.  I look at this view and to me, it cries out “Tuscany” !
Village Park Walk
As we walked down the hill from the village to our bus, we walked thru this lovely little park.  To capture the feel of walking thru it, I converted it to a painting.  It was such a peaceful little place.  And, you may be wondering why we were walking down the hill to our bus.  Well, the streets were so narrow, the bus couldn’t fit!
Village Roses
There were still some roses blooming at the end of October, and I couldn’t resist capturing these beauties!  And some new blossoms were still opening!
Tuscan Vines
After visiting the winery, we wandered around a bit, and I captured this image of vines and a cool tower in the background.  The lines across the image are some fencing that was containing the vines, so they didn’t grow all over the place!
Favorite Color Combo
One last view of glorious autumn color!  And, orange and blue is a favorite color combo of mine!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment