Thursday, November 19, 2015

 
Just Outside Pompeii
Our port stop for this visit was Naples, or Napoli, as the Italians call it.  We really didn’t spend any time in Napoli, as we only had a day there, and we were heading to Pompeii.  I had seen a traveling exhibition of artifacts from there when we lived in Chicago, but this was a chance to see the real deal.  Just before we entered Pompeii, there was a small area where there were various vendors selling souvenirs, more expensive Pompeii related gifts and refreshments! 
Fruit Stand in Pompeii
One of the things that really struck me was how colorful the small food stands were.  Here’s a fruit stand, with a seating area behind it.  Makes me feel refreshed just to look at it!
Fresh Fruit in Pompeii
 
Here’s another one – I didn’t pick any up, as we were heading into the ancient city of Pompeii, but afterwards, Jeff & I did stop for a bit before boarding our bus back to Napoli.
Pompeii Bloom
I don’t know what this lovely little flower was, but it actually seems like it’s a grouping of many super tiny blossoms, all very colorful.  Since it was fall there, I captured this image as I didn’t expect to see many flowers on our travels.
Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment