Sunday, November 22, 2015

Paintings and Sketches from Palermo
Here are a collection of photo paintings or sketches from Palermo.  So many of the images I took would lend themselves to paintings and sketches, but I limited myself to these (and the one I also included in a previous post!) –
Palermo Flea Market
Down one of the little side streets off the plaza where the cathedral was, there was a small flea market of sorts.  I’m not certain that’s what they would call it in Palermo, but it certainly reminded me of those we find in the States!  I wish I could have had more time to truly peruse all the offerings in this market; however, I was lucky enough to find a really cool old black and white photo that I couldn’t resist.  I can’t wait to incorporate it into some future piece of art! 
Laundry Day
As we came out of the Oritorio di Santa Cita, and walked toward where our tour bus was to meet us, I noticed this woman taking a break from doing her laundry perhaps, and couldn’t resist capturing her and converting the image to a painting.  Again, it was just a little snippet of everyday life for those who live in Palermo, and I felt so lucky to have gotten even a glimpse of it.  I think I love these types of things just as much, if perhaps not more, than seeing all the towering cathedrals, etc.!
Clean Laundry
We were in Palermo on a Tuesday, I believe, and I guess Tuesday is laundry day there!  I love how so many people seem to hang at least part of their laundry out on their balconies.  I’m not certain if it smells nice and fresh, tho, given that generally there is all sorts of traffic going on below them!
Palermo Harbor
On our way back to our ship, we passed the small harbor that contains smaller private boats.  It was such a beautiful day out, and I loved the reflection of the masts in the water.
Port Scene
Back on board our ship, I was able to capture this view of the harbor our ship used, with the various pilot and tug boats in the foreground, and the mountains of Sicily in the background.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment