Thursday, November 19, 2015

Morning and Evening in Napoli
Altho our day was devoted to seeing Pompeii, I did want to show you at least a bit of Naples, or Napoli, as the Italians refer to it. 
Sunrise in Napoli
It was a very soft morning, as you can tell by this image.  I can’t recall now if it was a bit misty early on, but this image is certainly a nice, relaxing way to begin the day.
Pilot Boat Approaching
After the sun rose, the air cleared and we got a nice look at Napoli, with a lovely sky and sea, only broken by the approach of the pilot boat to guide us into port.  At this point, we have been having some wonderfully calm seas, and generally, that continued thru the cruise, with just a few exceptions.
Leaving Napoli
After our day in Pompeii, Jeff & I went up to the Crow’s Nest lounge and observation area to watch us depart from Napoli.  This image shows us after we’ve left port and are heading toward the exit onto open seas.  That is Vesuvius that we appear to be heading toward (the larger mountain).
Bright Napoli Lighthouse
When it got just a bit darker, the lighthouse at the entry/exit to the port, and it made a lovely image which I converted to an oil painting.  It was a relaxing way to sort of end the day.
Wild Napoli Lights
As night fell, Jeff & I walked out onto the open observation area (into the night air), and I tried to take an image of the night lights of the city, knowing it would be blurry, since it was so dark outside and I was hand-holding the camera (no tripod).  I thought it was taking too long for the exposure, and began to move the camera to see how I could sort of cancel it, when the shutter closed.  When I checked out the image later, I thought the inadvertent effect of me moving the camera resulted in a sort of cool abstract image!
Good Night, Sweet Napoli
Yes, it’s blurry for the reason I stated above, but I love the sort of magical feel of this image, with the dancing city lights, and Vesuvius in the background.
Off the Verandah
And, for the final shot of the night, I stepped out onto our balcony (verandah) and took this image, looking out onto the open seas, with the moon’s reflection.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment