Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Plants on Shore – Darwin Bay – Genovesa Island – Galapagos

We saw a few flowers on this hike as well.  The prickly pear cacti were beginning to show their spring blooms.  I still found it amazing to find cactus in such a tropical environment…..
Cactus Blossom
This bloom is just opening.  I like this shot, tho, because of the contrast between the delicate bloom and the scruffy cactus with its very sharp barbs.
Full Bloom
And, here’s a bloom, fully opened in all its glory!  I felt so lucky to be able to capture it in profile.  You can really see the flower’s detail from this angle.
Mangrove Buds
I have to admit, I never really thought of mangrove trees blooming, but here is one tiny little bud nestled in the leaves of the tree.  The other buds aren’t yet open, but I’m guessing they would be soon!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment