Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Deserted Buildings at Carlito Springs


If you follow my blog, you know I have a soft spot for deserted buildings, cabins, whatever!  Well, at the top of the trail, in Carlito Springs, there were a number of deserted buildings.  It’s definitely worth a return trip, but for now, these images will have to suffice!
Old Carlito Springs
As I looked down the dirt road that ran in front of these buildings, I was reminded of the old mining town of Kennecott, Alaska that we visited last summer.  No, I didn’t see any evidence of mining in Carlito Springs.  But the old buildings and the dirt road gave it a similar feel.   It surprised me of how much New Mexico could look like Alaska!  I finished this off as a photo sketch, almost like an entry in an art journal.
The Open Door
The wood on this door really captured my attention.  Both Miki and Jeff went into the little building.  It was made of something that looked like cinder blocks.  Jeff thought it might have been an old power building, where the electricity, etc., equipment was kept.  All I know is that I really liked the door!
The Old Work Shed
A few steps away, this old work shed beckoned.  I peeked inside and could imagine someone working away while looking up periodically enjoying the wonderful view out the window.  What did they do here – work on equipment, store supplies, or….?  It’s always great for the imagination to take a peek at a snippet of a time gone by.
Enjoy!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment