Thursday, September 19, 2013

Vivid Flowers among the Grey Bones at Dinosaur National Monument


 
Right outside the visitors center at Dinosaur National Monument were a collection of beautiful flowers.  Their vivid colors were in stark contrast to the brown/grey tones of the bones in the exhibit area.
 


The above image is of a bloom called a Brillan waterleaf, I believe.  In addition to the fabulous color, I really like the sort of spiky tendrils that radiate from the bloom.  They remind me of those fiber optic  tendrils that I see on my artificial Christmas tree!


Such a pretty sunflower!  I love the detail that is reflected in the center of this bloom.....and the soft feel to this image!


I really like the color of this variation of a hawksbeard bloom.  It's both vivid and almost pastel at the same time.  Hardly seems possible, but that's Mother Nature for you!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment