Thursday, September 19, 2013

Arches National Park

 
The last national park we visited on this trip was Arches National Park.  We had accidentally discovered this national park on a previous trip a number of years ago, but it is one that we both really like, so we decided a return trip was just the ticket!


As we drove into the park, the clouds were sort of hanging over or peeking over the bluffs on the other side of the road from the park, and I just had to capture this image.  The clouds sort of give it a bit of 3-D effect.


I don't generally like to have people in my images, but this image proves the exception.  We were at Windows Arch (NOT named after the computer operating system!) and I saw these 2 people in the arch, one standing and one sitting.  They really give some perspective to this, so that you can get an idea of how large the arch is.  You may need to click on the image to see a larger version to really see the people.


I had a small summer cold when we visited here, so I wasn't up for much walking or hiking.  However, we did walk to Sand Dune Arch and I did get sort of inside and under the arch to capture this image.  I just love the sort of flow, texture and shadows in this image.

 
Isn't this a wonderful view inside the park?  I just love the contrast in this image - the stark, dead tree, lush green of the bushes and the red clay earth - not to mention the beautiful blue sky!
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment