Thursday, September 5, 2013

Spotting Elk


We were lucky to see elk a few times in Yellowstone as well.  Atho they aren’t obviously as potentially dangerous as the bison, if they catch you with those antlers – ouch!!

 
This was one of the first elk we spotted…..when we came upon a major traffic jam as everyone stopped to look or take photos of this guy!  We were just standing there when we heard there was an elk up ahead.  Jeff suggested that I get out and run up ahead to see if I could get a good shot.  I’m glad I did because by the time Jeff caught up to me in the Jeep, this guy had moved off into the woods.
 
This is the same guy just before he moved off further into the woods.  I really like the lushness of the forest, tho!
 
Along another road in Yellowstone, we spotted this other guy munching away!  Again, the colors of the vegetation were really pretty and complemented this guy wonderfully.
 
I really like this image of yet another elk just sort of enjoying the morning sun.  He was very relaxed and seemed to be unaware of the people viewing him from a distance!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment