Friday, August 30, 2013

Nature along Sheepeater's Cliff and the Gardner River Trail



It was hard to take my eyes off the beautiful river views as we hiked this trail.  However, when I did, there were also some beautiful sights to behold!
 
Thickstem Asters were truly in bloom throughout Yellowstone when we were there!  Here’s another really pretty view of them, with rocks as a backdrop.  Seems like this is another one of those images that is just asking for a quote to be added!
 
We met up with another marmot, climbing among the rocks from Sheepeater’s Cliff.  He was pretty oblivious to us, just enjoying the morning!
 
What a perfect pose!  This little butterfly was hovering around these sorts of spent blooms, but landed once with his wings perfectly spread to capture the beautiful pattern of his wings!
 
And, this is another perfect image of a butterfly!!  I was actually taking photos of the rocks because the texture intrigued me when I noticed this butterfly fluttering about.  When I focused on him, he suddenly landed and struck this pose.  Here’s another image that I think I may need to “play” with to create an art piece!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment