Friday, August 30, 2013

Magical Morning in Yellowstone


One day as we headed out early, an incredible sunrise greeted us.  It was one of the most amazing sunrises I’ve ever seen and I’m sharing it with you…..
 
This was one of the first images I shot this morning.  I thought it was breathtaking, but had no idea of how much beauty was still in store for us!
 
How many opportunities does one get for this type of shot?  When the geese started to take wing, Jeff rolled down my window in the Jeep, and I got my camera up and shooting!  It was so unbelievable, I couldn’t believe it.  I think I kept repeating that to Jeff – I couldn’t believe how beautiful this all was!
 
I think this image looks somewhat like an Impressionist painting.  It’s so pretty and gentle, it somewhat mutes the bright sun that’s just about to peek over the trees.  The sky is also really incredible, as the clouds provide a texture to the sky.
 
I could go on and on with images, but I’ll end with this one.  The absolute calm and peacefulness of the morning is summed up with this image.  The sun, the trees on the far shore and the vegetation on the near shore all add some texture and a great feel to this image.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment