Friday, August 30, 2013

Driving the Upper Loop at Yellowstone


One day while in Yellowstone, we drove the Upper Loop all the way up to Mammoth Hot Springs.  There were a number of interesting sights to see – take a look!
 
 
Yes, road work even in Yellowstone!  There’s nothing truly artistic about this shot – it was just the enormity of the rock face that made me take this shot!
 
As we drove up Chittenden Road (a little side trip), there were a number of flowers blooming.  I was especially taken with the beautiful, huge, dandelion head that was there, completely intact!!  I don’t think I’ve ever seen one this pretty before!
 
One of the other pretty sights along the road was this lovely waterfall, called Undine Falls.  I don’t know why, but I never really thought about Yellowstone having so many waterfalls!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment