Monday, August 19, 2013

Flowers Along Storm Trail




Storm trail was recommended to us as a trail with a good number of wildflowers, even so late in the season.  These are not all the flowers that we saw, but just some of my favorite images.

This delicate purple-blue flower is called a Pacific Aster.  They look like such a happy flower and this image just looks like it would be perfect for an appropriate quote!


The flowers in this image are Thickstem Asters.  I really liked the way the morning sun just played over the tops of these flowers, sort of teasing them with its warmth.


This yellow flower is one of my favorites, altho I never knew its name until I picked up a book on wildflowers in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.  It’s called a Snow Cinquefoil, and I was lucky enough to be able to capture it in profile – of course, I had to practically lie on the ground to do it!


I found this to be really interesting. I couldn’t believe the color of these “flowers” and had to take several shots of them. They make the photo look like it’s some sort of study in tones of grey.  However, then I realized (at the same time Jeff commented) that these were pinecones that have sort of fallen into themselves!  I really thought they were flowers!!

 
I had never seen this flower before in my life, but I really like it.  It’s called an Elk Thistle, and part of what I love about it is amount of color this bloom does really have, and how much it looks just like a weed!  I was just fascinated by this flower and had to share it!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment