Monday, July 15, 2013

Wandering


The first day, we did a bunch of wandering and I was able to capture some very nice images.....

 

This first image is of a weed that reminded me of a variation of Queen Anne's Lace, and is the same type of plant that my "bee study" (previous post) included.  I just love the repeated pattern of the leaves of this plant, and the overall softness to it.


Isn't this a lovely little red bloom?  I was really glad I was able to capture it, and altho the sort of branch running thru the middle of the image might typically be considered "bad form" in terms of photographic content, in this case, I liked that it provided a sort of "base" to the quote that I found that really spoke to me about this image.


One of the things we did was to explore the lakeshore just down from our campsite.  As I wandered along the shoreline, the colors of the rocks there really jumped out at me, so, of course, I had to capture them!  Again, I played with this image with my HDR software, just so I could bring out the colors of the rocks that caught my eye.  Cameras are fabulous tools, but they don't always capture what we see with our own built in best camera - our eyes!


This last image is one of my favorites from this wandering.  I just love the little flower (ok, weed) that is just determined to not only survive, but thrive, in the midst of all of the rocks surrounding it!  We can all learn a lesson in persistence from this little bloom!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment