Saturday, July 6, 2013

Morning Magic

 
The past few mornings have been quite magical in terms of photo ops.....


The above image was taken early in the morning after a (somewhat rare) rain overnight.  The raindrops just seemed to glow in the morning sun, and the quote I found seemed to fit the image.  I played with layering the same image on itself, each time cropping it to make it just a bit smaller, so the layers could be seen.  I also made the lower and middle layers less opaque than the top layer.  I thought the result was rather cool.


This morning, Jeff, Miki and I took an early morning walk.  The sunrise had reached the point where it was casting some very soft light.  I really like this image of our friend's yard, with the sun reflecting off the horse corral in the background.  I think I need to play with this image more to make it pop a bit more.  


The sun and clouds created such a soft feel to this image.  I feel like if I could reach up and touch it, it would feel like the softest pillow one could imagine.  It seemed to beg for a quote, and this one seemed perfect.


And, finally, a morning surprise.  I planted some bulbs in a large pot that sits just outside our front door.  I actually forgot what I planted, and this morning, this gift was waiting for me.  How could I not take a photo of it?  I just love the shading and richness of the colors while maintaining such a soft feel to it.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment