Monday, July 15, 2013

Out There Landscapes....and More

Some interesting images captured at the campsite and wandering the back roads - yep, the rain happened and got things wet enough so that the national forest roads were once again open - yippee!


I know, this first image is really "out there", isn't it?  It was a great sunset, but I as I played around with the image, this one jumped out at me because it really accentuated the radiant sunbeams coming from the setting sun.
 

Here's the "real" image of the same sunset.  I really like this one, too.  The depth of the clouds is just so beautiful, isn't it?  A much more subtle rejoicing in the end of a great day.



The next day, the early morning sky was really such a soft pastel color, I really wanted to enhance it.  Again, the camera wasn't quite able to capture what my eye was seeing.  In this shot, I'm standing just off our RV, by the fire ring, looking out on the lake before all the jet-skiers and speed-boaters hit the water.  Just the fishermen and me enjoying the start to this day.


As I said, we were able to get out on the back roads after the rain, and stopped at this lovely little area.  We think it might be an primitive camping area (tents only), but it was really hard to tell.  I love the line created by the split rail fence that ran along the side of the little road in this area.


One of the places we explored was a very unimproved (they call it primitive) road that went up to the top of Mount Sedwick (I believe).  We didn't make it to the top, since the unimprovement got to be a bit too much, but we got close, and I was able to capture this overlook image.


I just wanted to share this image of an incredible branch formation.  Look at how gnarled the branch grew - I wonder why?
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment