Friday, July 19, 2013

Blue, Green and Purple Abstract on Book Page Backgrounds ATCs

Here are some ATCs I made for an art swap.  The theme was to be an abstract using blue, green and purple in each piece, and have the background of the ATC be a book page (text) background.  I thought it was a great opportunity to use up some scraps of paper that I keep in a tub (nothing ever goes to waste when doing collage/mixed media!).


The first piece used Japanese text as the background, and then I just stamped some texture type effects on it and added the 3 colors in the circles.  The middle one really is a shade of green, altho it doesn't look like it much!


For this piece, I liked using some swirl stamps, punched circles and dabs of paint over what I think is French text.  It just had a sort of free flowing feel to it that I like.


I really like using diagonal lines.  I feel it adds a tension to the piece that sort of wakes me up.  I used purple ribbon for the lines, with some punched circles from watercolor effect paper that I had.  The green band along the right side is a piece of Citrasolv paper I made a while back (from National Geo magazine pages).  I'm not sure what language the background text is.  I have several foreign text books - maybe German??


This last piece is quite a busy piece.  The text is, I believe, Spanish or Italian, and I added bands of colored handmade paper on the right, bands of the same Citrasolv paper as in the previous piece across the card and some purple paints dabs that could be considered very free form circles !!  LOL!
 
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment