Monday, July 15, 2013

Reservation and/or Wild Horses


We saw some either reservation or wild horses while camping this weekend - something different that I don't recall coming across much!  The first 2 images are of what we were told were reservation horses, but the last 3 images were ones I captured while we were out back roading, so I don't know if they, too, are reservation horses, or just wild horses.  We are very close to the Navajo reservation, so I guess they all could be reservation horses.  In any event, they are beautiful.....

In this first image, we were up on the bluff around our campsite, actually sort of across the campground from the lake.  There is a creek there, and these reservation horses were there, munching on the lovely grass and drinking what I imagine is the cool water.

 
Here's an image of a mom and her foal.  I did enhance this image somewhat, just to draw out the great detail of this scene.  They were just so peaceful, and didn't even notice us up above.....or they just didn't care? 


As we were driving along the back roads, we saw several deposits of horse poop along the road, and then came around the bend to see the source of all that poop....and in such a breathtaking setting!


These are the horses that can be either wild or reservation.  For the most part, they ignored us, but you can see the one horse was definitely keeping an eye on me!  What a lovely, peaceful scene this was, and I just loved seeing these wild beautiful animals in their element.
 


I just love the image of this mom and foal peacefully enjoying a morning graze.  The foal was just so sweet, always very close to mom.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment