Monday, July 15, 2013

A Bee Study

The first full day we explored, we were rather hindered by the lack of rain that the area had been having.  All the national forest back roads we tried to explore were closed due to the extreme fire danger.  However, I was able to spot a bee (actually, he was quite a large one!) working away at a weed, and was able to play with an image to get some different effects....


The first effect, above, reminds me of a sort of Asian feel to the image.  I can imagine this printed on some nice quality material....perhaps as a decorative scarf or something??


This second image is sort of a neon glow effect.  Not realistic at all, but a kind of bright fun perspective!


For this third image, I used a sort of painting type effect, but a pretty subtle one.  It really captures the overall softness that I originally picked up on when I decided to capture this little guy.


This last image of this series is probably my favorite.  I used a sort of poster edge effect, which really captured in sharp detail all the aspects of not only the bee, but the bloom as well.  I also cropped the image in a bit tighter to really focus on the bee and bloom.
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment