Wednesday, July 22, 2015

 
Yellow Blooms on the Deck
While visiting Jeff’s sister and brother-in-law in the Seattle area, I played around with the auto bracketing feature on my camera and combined that with my HDR (High Dynamic Range) software to create some images that are more like what we actually see with our eyes, or can see if we slow down enough to really look.  That’s one of the things I love most about photography – it forces me to slow down and really see. All these blooms are of blowers that Jeff’s sister grows on the deck off the back of her house.  Take a look ~
Nancy’s Rose
I really like this image, even tho it’s not perfect.  The breeze was blowing ever so slightly, and so when the software combined my bracketed images, a sort of shadow effect was inadvertently created.  It makes it look almost dreamy.
Horizontal Rose
No breeze for this image!  I love the depth that’s created by combining images in the HDR software.  Don’t you feel like you could just bend down and smell the roses (literally)?  Watch out for the thorns, tho!
Rose Profile
This lovely profile image is of a rose just starting to bloom.  It will soon be joined by a few others, in bud or in earlier stages of blooming.  For whatever reason, this image just makes me feel calm and peaceful.
Hibiscus
Doesn't this image just seem like it’s reaching off the screen at you?  I get sort of mesmerized when I look at this image for a while.
Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment