Friday, July 24, 2015

 
The Secret Garden – Yellow Blooms
As we wandered around the garden, there were several different types of blooms in varying shades of yellow – take a look!
Gaillardia
This flower looks like it belongs in the daisy family – I’ve tried looking it up and it doesn’t say it is.  A more common name for this flower is the “blanket flower”.  It’s such a bright, happy flower and always seems to be saying “Hey, look at me!”.
Lacy Day Lilies
This bloom is as muted and pale as the Gaillardia is bright and loud.  I’m calling this a day lily, but I’m not really certain about that.  I especially like the sort of lacy effect of the edge of the petals
Day Lily
Here’s a more traditional day lily – and I love how it’s situated in a lush green setting.
Columbine
This bloom sort of looks like a columbine, altho all of mine are finished blooming!  I love the crisp look of this bloom.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment