Wednesday, July 22, 2015

 
 
The Old Rusty Truck
When we’re in the Seattle area, very close to Jeff’s sister’s house, there sits this old rusty milk truck.  I know, to many it seems an eyesore – but, to me, it’s one of my favorite things to photograph!  This time, I photographed it, bracketing images and then working with my HDR (High Dynamic Range) software.  Oh, and for those of you who may not know what I mean when I use the term “bracketing”, that means I take one image with the “correct” exposure, and then take 2 more, one underexposed and the other overexposed.  When I process them, I combine all 3 shots into 1 image.  It allows me to capture more detail in the full range of the photo – from really bright to really dark.  It’s very cool and not nearly as difficult as it sounds, if you’ve the right equipment!  Anyway, let’s take a look at my rusty model!
Truck
The colors of this truck weren’t someone’s attempt to be creative – it’s just the effect of the Pacific Northwest weather on the metal of this truck.  And, the texture is provided compliments of the moss now living on the truck!
Delivery is Late
And, that delivery will continue to be very late!  You can really see the moss in this image.  I also really like the look of the old headlights, even with the broken glass!
Old Truck
Here’s a view of the truck from the rear.  It’s not quite as interesting and doesn’t show off the character of the truck as much as the view from the front.  However, I like it because there’s a sense of whimsical mystery here – why the electrical cord going into the back of the truck?  I didn’t go up and check it out.  Perhaps I was afraid of what I would see inside!  Maybe next trip I will!
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment