Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cool Red


I spent last weekend and the beginning of this week visiting friends in the San Diego area.  One of the places that we stopped was next to this tree.  It's so cool because it's in full bloom, but no green leaves as of yet....and this isn't the first time it's bloomed this way according to my friend.

 
I love the images above and below.  They left me with a sort of zen type of feeling, very peaceful, and sort of Asian... 

 
...I didn't think that the images were going to be much of anything when I took them, but worked to have only the sky in them.  It seems to match the simplicity of the tree itself.


 
This last image is a close up of the bloom.  It may look like there's a sort of cone in the center of the bloom, but that's not what it looks like in person.  This is a very different, simple and yet complex tree.  Very cool.
 
Enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment