Saturday, May 17, 2014

Delicate & Tough


The other morning, we had both frost and a dusting of snow!  I wondered if my irises would curl up and die before blooming, or tough it out.  As you can see, these delicate beauties are also pretty darn tough!

 
I love the way the vibrant green offsets the purple, white and orange of this bloom.  This really screams spring to me!

 
This is a different, but similar bloom.  The sun shining on it creates such a warm feeling.

 
Here's a close up of another iris bloom.  I really like the complexity to these flowers.  They haven't bloomed for the past couple of springs, and I almost gave up on them, thinking they really didn't like the environment here.  Glad I didn't!

 
This image reminds me of those Victorian (or is it Edwardian?) shirts with the extensive ruffles down the front of the shirt.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment