Monday, April 21, 2014

A Life in the Country


Yesterday, as we sat out on our back patio and enjoyed the sunset against the clouds, I thought about an email conversation that a friend and I had a week or so ago...

 
She commented that it was a bit ironic that the two of us, who spent most of our adult lives (and, for me, most of my entire life) in the big city, have evolved into small town loving folks......

 
Ironically, when I was visiting friends and family in the Chicago area about a month ago, a friend I met from work seemed to be somewhat horrified that I lived in a place where people rode horses to the local drive-in eatery and asked me, "Where do you live?"  several times in a row....

 
I replied that I lived in Edgewood, NM, and it was a place where, for me, life was saner....and yes, we need have access to things that are apparently very important to some folks, like, well, like the theater......
 
 
But, for me, more important than that, is that living here, we have space, and a normal pace of life, not some false urgency about getting some place, and getting things done in some set window of time.  However, I do understand that this life is not for everyone, and especially not for people who love the hustle and bustle of the city.  Frankly, I'm glad that they live in the cities that they love......it means more space in the country for people like me!
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment