Saturday, May 3, 2014

Top of the Hill


One of the first places that we stopped at when I arrived in San Diego was the top of a very high hill in the area where my friend lives.  From the top of this hill, one can see as far north as Catalina and as far south as Mexico.
 
 
I can't recall in which direction I was facing for this shot, but I really do love the way the clouds create dappled sunshine on the landscape.  I know it happens all over, but you only notice it when you have enough space to see a broader expanse of sky and the land below.


 
The other thing at the top of the hill was this great tree.  I think my friend said it's an olive tree - whatever it is, the shape of it's trunk and branches is very striking and I couldn't resist a shot looking up from below.

 
I also really liked this image of it from the path approaching the very top of the hill, where it's located.  It's just picture perfect with the great sky as a backdrop!
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment