Sunday, March 16, 2014

Windows to the Soul......and a Tree !



This will be my final Stanley post for this trip.  Now, the focus will be on the windows - take a look!

 
I'm really not certain if this is a long window, or a door that had the steps that led to it disintegrate.  I'm choosing to call this a window.  This building did have some long windows and doors, so maybe very tall people once lived here.  Still, I love the look of the wood of this building.

 
As I was wandering around this little deserted community, I noticed that the window of this building nicely framed the church steeple down the road a bit.  By the way, the town of Stanley is still occupied - just this one little section of buildings were deserted.....of course, there's really not all that much to Stanley anyway, and these deserted buildings make up about half the buildings in town!

 
This is a bit of a distanced view of this window, but I loved the little rickety gate open for visitors, so I included the broader shot of this window.  It's kind of funny - the gate's here, but the fence seems to be mostly gone...

 
This building had not only a cool view inside thru the upstairs window (a new roof is definitely in order), but check out the texture of the outside walls of this home.  I thought it was very neat, and not something I've seen before.

 
And, here's the tree!  When I was driving to Stanley, I noticed this tree, but wanted to get to the cabins for the sunrise, so I didn't stop then.  However, on the way back home, I did stop to capture this cool tree.  I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing that the tree is growing at the angle it is due to the strong winds that blow thru here, especially in the spring!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment