Sunday, March 16, 2014

Doorways to the Past


I'm still in Stanley, and these are the doors that belong to the cabins in my previous post!

 
I was actually taken with the wood of the cabin in the foreground - neat knotty wood - but then the doorway to another cabin just sort of winks at you from the background.  I like the feel of this image.

 
I really liked all the textures and lines in this door (above).  I didn't go into any of the cabins even tho some of the doors were open.  The cabins were generally in pretty bad shape, and I didn't think any were structurally safe.  Look great from the outside, tho!

 
This image is a closer view of the door that you see in the background of the first image in this post.  It's actually in the same building as the above door.  I'm not certain if this building was home to 2 families or if it was just a building with 2 doors, different, but equally cool.

 
This door was really appealing to me because of the very southwest architecture of the wood beams above the door.  I loved the peeling of the outside finish of the building and how it frames the door, too.

 
This final image is of a door knob to one of the doors.  I really loved the look of the metal of the door knob in the texture of the different types of wood surrounding it.
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment