Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Cabins of Stanley


Last weekend, I noticed some deserted cabins as I drove thru the tiny town of Stanley, NM, about 20 minutes from our home.  This morning, I decided to drive back there and photograph the cabins.  Meet the cabins of Stanley.....

 
The above building was an adobe and just warmed as the morning sun hit it.  Can't you just imagine sitting inside enjoying morning coffee?

 
This little cabin was sort of off to the side and all that's left of the roof are the slats you can see the sun shining thru.  This little place was definitely tiny.

 
Here are 2 images (above and below) of the same little house, with 2 different effects.  The softer image (above) has a painting effect applied.  The one below was put thru my HDR software - I love the way the sun's rays are highlighted in this image.


 
The above image includes the building from the 2 previous images and one that was right next door.  Again, I just love the way they look during this sunrise.

 
And, finally, here's one that was closest to the road.  For some reason, the wood window frame leaning on the side of the cabin really appealed to me.  Or, at least, I think it's an old window frame!
 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment