Sunday, March 2, 2014

Begin the Day


As I sit here in bed watching today's rather gloomy start to the day, I decided to process the images I shot of yesterday's beginning of the day.  Once again, I was out there in my PJ's and robe - good thing we live in New Mexico where quirkiness is seen as "normal" !


I really liked the above image - it reminded me of people waking up, slowing getting the coffee started and perhaps thinking about what the day would bring.  (You may need to click on the image to see the houses at the bottom of the image.)

 
Two of my favorite subjects (when they cooperate with me!) are our friends' horse, Patches and Jazz.  They were up to see the sunrise and Patches, at least, seemed to enjoy watching me wander about getting shots.  Or, maybe he was hoping I'd feed him breakfast?

 
The sun was rather brilliant in this image.  I just loved the silhouette the trees in winter created.  It was amazing that all of the images were shot within minutes of each other - depending on where I looked in the sky, I had different light, color and feel to this sunrise.
 
 

 
Here's another great shot that really conveys the sense of big sky that we have here.  The sunrise and clouds just seem to go on and on and on.

 
Isn't it cool the way the clouds just seem to hang over the mountains?  I also love the play of color in the sky, on the clouds and under them.

 
The feeling I get from this image is that the morning is just creeping on in!  There's no escaping it - the light will get you!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment