Monday, March 17, 2014

New Love - Pan Pastels !


I just discovered a new tool for my art - Pan Pastels!  They come as a powder in a small plastic tub.  Apply them with a cosmetic sponge, and then I "set" them with some gel medium (I use gloss) - light touch on the brush.  I played around with creating a few ATCs using the Pan Pastels in slightly different ways.....

 
For the above ATC, I applied 2-3 different, but complimentary colors as a background.  I think I used blue, teal and a sort of brown to add depth.  I then applied a tissue with a bird on it, and then stamped a marble effect stamp around the edges.

 
For this second ATC, I first put down a bit of text (Elizabeth Barrett Browning poem), and then used a couple of Pan Pastel colors - I think teal and yellow - again, "set" with gel medium.  I then laid down a napkin with a rose design on it, and finished it off with a stencil of some leaves, using the teal Pan Pastel to fill in the stencil.  "Set" everything with a final coat of gel medium.

 
Again, I used a few colors for the background (gold, brown and I think teal) "set" with the gel medium.  I applied tissue with another bird design on it, and then applied some more of the brown color around the edges of the tissue, to add depth.  "Set" it with the gel medium and call it done!

 
For this last piece, I used a few colors for the background (red and yellow), "set" it, and then put down some torn music text.  I applied some yellow, "set" that, applied a napkin that has poppies on it, and then again applied some yellow, just to add a bit of highlight (don't forget to "set" it!).
 
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment