Friday, January 11, 2013

Word of the Day - Winter!


This morning, when I pulled up the pleated shades in the great room, I was greeted by a very wintry morning!  The wind was blowing like mad, and altho there wasn't much snow, what snow there was looked like a blizzard, due to the wind.  It was a day I was glad (temporarily) to be in a nice, warm house!  I picked up each of the kitties, showed them the weather, and told them it was most definitely a good day to be an inside kitty! From inside the kitchen, I took this image and thought it most certainly depicted the word "winter" - therefore, it's the word of the day!


This next image was taken last weekend during the hoar frost, but I didn't post it.  However, I really, really like it and thought it also was a good example of winter. This is Ozzie, my friend's Norwegian Fjord, and the speckles on his coat are glittering frost.  The lighting for this image was very contrasty, and so I decided to convert it to a black & white image.  I then added a bit of a sepia photo filter to warm it up a bit.  I just love the expression on his face, and this image is one of my favorites!  ( I did end up going out to get fixin's to make a slow-cooker dinner - perfect for a winter day!)


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment